Thursday, September 15, 2005

the voice of God

I've been thinking about thunder alot recently
part of that is because I've been trying to get a grip on High John the Conquerer
I've had the root in my house for a while now
but I haven't tried to work it
I just keep it on hand - as part of the advisory committee
so far I've managed to intuit quite a few things about what it is and how it works
I think of him as a soul advisor
and kind of a community activist - I think of him as alot of things
lately I've been thinking of him as the power behind Thunder
right now I'm thinking of him as the power of Harlem...
what am I talkin' 'bout?
when I was a little kid me and my brothers and sister used to call Harlem "the country"
'cause everybody spoke and everybody sounded like they just came up from down South
and you couldn't get away with anything 'cause the old ladies would tell on you
to me High John's the fuel drivin' the community

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home