Wednesday, September 14, 2005

what it be

this site's about rootwork
aka hoodoo
the people in my family who talk about it calls it roots - I like that
cause that's what its about for me
the roots of who I am and who african-americans are
but I'm not stuck in the past
this is a live, constantly growing root
I'm gonna be all over the map of my mind
or maybe not
might just be some furrows
but there's definately gonna be some metaphoric leaps
I'll be dealing in dhavni - suggested sense
the Motherlands' wisdom is a constant
the triple Motherlands of BK, the Geechees islands Wadmalaw, Edisto and James
and the homeland of Guinen
the places where my ancestors lived before they got pushed onto the boat
and took the ride of no return
it's not Africa, really
even though I'll use that word because it's the one we all understand
to quote the words of Pritha Singh all those years ago
"you're always talkin' about Africa- you're not African - Africa is something the white man made up - you're Dravidian"
the Dravidians are definately gonna put their 2 cents in as well

This sites gonna be exploring about what what my ancestors gave me - and give me every day
Roots
I'm gonna use this site to think through my ideas on
African- American esoteric wisdom
philosophic and practical
and reclaiming the wisdom of the ancestors who got pushed off the boat
the ancestors who worked for free
the ancestors who used the coloreds' bathroom and witnessed lynchings
the ancestors who never worked for the white man after 1865
as well as the ones who did
the ancestors who fought 'till they got their rights
and the ancestors who've returned

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home